Did you know that there are over 40 different varieties of mustard plants, but only three are commonly used in cooking: black, brown, and white mustard seeds? Mustard seeds have been highly valued culinary oilseeds since ancient times. The seeds are the fruit pods of the Brassica family's mustard plant. They are pungent and nutty in flavor. Mustard seeds contain a high concentration of phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Mustard seeds are said to have the following health benefits:
- Aids in the treatment of asthma and pneumonia
- Can be applied to wounds
- Aids in the treatment of colds and flu.
- Has antioxidant properties
- May aid in the prevention of certain cancers
- May aid in the control of blood sugar levels
- You can easily incorporate them into stews, stir-fries, pastes, pickles, and other dishes.
Our organically grown mustard seeds are free of hazardous pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers.