Sesame seeds are tiny, oil-rich seeds produced by the Sesamum indicum plant. It is found in tropical regions of Asia, Africa, and South America.
They are rich in protein, magnesium, calcium, iron, copper, and vitamin B6. They have a nutty flavour and a slight crunch to the texture.
Here are some amazing health benefits that sesame seeds are said to possess:
- May help reduce heart disease risk factors, including elevated triglyceride and “bad” LDL cholesterol levels
- May help lower blood pressure
- May improve bone health
- May have anti-inflammatory properties
- Proper cell function and metabolism
- May aid blood sugar
- May improve immune system
You can easily add them to stir-frys, hot or cold cereal, granola and granola bars, bread and muffins, crackers, smoothies, salads, dips, and garnishes.
Our organically grown sesame seeds are free of hazardous pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers.