As October comes to an end and we get closer and closer to the store opening we are very busy here at Reimagine Co! We are working with several trades and members of our community to get our space into tip-top shape before our opening!
Since we last updated everyone we have worked with:
- Plumbers to rough-in hand sinks, triple compartment sinks and a commercial dishwasher
- Electricians to add receptacles, rough-in our coolers and freezers and LED lighting
- Drywallers and framers to remove a couple walls and add a few, too
- Our interior painter is just about to start and the exterior painters just finished up
- A contractor to bring down the awnings and old signs (both were repurposed into the community)
- A grocery consultant to help us with product placement and customer flow
- A flooring company to repurpose as much old tile as we could and instal some new as well
- Various inspectors to make sure our building is up to snuff!
We have also been working on signage, and our bulk bins and shelves have been ordered and are currently en route! Finally, we are doing our very best to reuse materials for our project and donating materials from the project to other community members! We have reused tile, donated insulation, signs and dishware, and almost all of our grocery store equipment is pre-loved :)
Below we have some photos from before and after our exterior was painted this past week and some other adventures.
Exterior before painting:
Exterior during painting:
Exterior after painting:
Bringing the awning down:
Taking some glass out to bring in the freezers:
Choosing paint colours:
We are so incredibly excited and thrilled to see our space coming together and are so thankful for your patience while we are pulling everything together. We can’t wait to share the space with you soon!