Did you know that the word "basmati" is derived from sanskrit word, meaning "fragrant" or "full of aroma"? Basmati rice is also known as the "queen of perfumed rice" in some places. Basmati rice is native to India and Pakistan. Brown basmati rice is less processed than white basmati rice, with only the hull removed.
Here are some amazing health benefits that brown basmati rice is said to possess:
- Higher in fibre, phosphorus, zinc, and B vitamins
- Lower on the glycemic index, making it a better choice for people who need to keep their sugar levels under control
- Soluble fibre and vitamins aid in digestion
- Has been linked to a lower risk of heart disease
- Helps to lower blood cholesterol levels
- Helps to lower the risk of high blood pressure.
Brown basmati rice is extremely versatile and can be found in a variety of Indian, Middle Eastern, and Western dishes. You can make aromatic biryanis, fried rice, plain rice, and pudding with it. Our organically grown brown basmati rice is free of hazardous pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers