Could you be our new General Manager? We’re looking for someone with grocery store experience and an entrepreneurial spirit, who has a flair for marketing, enjoys day-to-day operations and is ready to lead a team.
You’ll bring the skills to grow the business with us, make it financially sustainable, and keep it serving Londoners - and the planet. You’re someone who is passionate about local, organic, plant-based food, great with people and also great with numbers. You work fast while also taking time for reflection, enjoy new challenges, and are hungry to make your mark. In short, you’re someone we can rely on, with the drive to go the extra mile.
About Reimagine Co
Our vision is a world where humans live in harmony with each other and with nature. Our mission is to help people to live more sustainable and connected lives.
In the middle of the pandemic, we opened London’s first and only package-free grocery store. It’s London’s only plant-based grocery store and refillery where you can bring your own containers and fill up on produce, pantry items, beverages, frozen foods, and home and beauty products.
Beyond the store, we’re getting ready to host workshops and events in the brand new community space, alongside the opening of a Thing Library. Looking ahead, we intend to transition Reimagine Co to a more distributed ownership structure, such as a community-owned cooperative or a DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization).
Why we are looking for a General Manager
Reimagine Co was started by a husband and wife team with a passion for zero waste, a belief in the impossible, and a ton of elbow grease. The business’s standing today is a testament to what our awesome staff and volunteers have put in, and to the wonderful London community that has embraced our vision.
With an experienced General Manager running the the retail operation, we’ll be able to focus on growing the business, engaging more with our community and partners, and helping to make London one of the greenest and most resilient cities in Canada. Your experience and drive will complement the vision we have for Reimagine, so that we can work together, through a long-term partnership, to co-create a sustainable, conscious social enterprise.
- Ensure that the store is open, staffed, clean and beautiful, and find creative ways to enhance the customer experience
- Manage and inspire a team of staff and volunteers, leading recruitment and induction and helping to write policies and processes
- Ensure food safety, and ensure healthy and safe practices throughout the premises
- Negotiate with suppliers, smartly manage orders and deliveries, and ensure turnover of perishable inventory
- Deploy a deep knowledge of our products, suppliers, programs and customers to ensure the relevance of our prices
- Identify customer needs, market trends and opportunities to deliver innovative marketing campaigns to expand our customer base
- Manage a social media and communications team looking after communications with customers
- Represent Reimagine at events and in the media
Knowledge, skills, and experience
- Grocery store management experience
- Self-starting spirit with lots of drive, bright ideas, and a desire to take ownership in the success of the store
- Charismatic and people-oriented with the ability to foster strong relationships with customers, staff, suppliers and community partners
- Confident, creative and resourceful with strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong communicator who is ready to offer feedback and is humble in receiving it
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, able to multi-task and coordinate people, plans, and projects
- Confident using social media
- We have an open and laid-back culture, and you’ll sometimes have to go with the flow as we find the best way to get things done. We bring our kids to work, love to play, and are 100% serious when it comes to environmental, social and personal change.
- We are a learning organisation that encourages autonomy and creativity, and sees failures as opportunities for growth.
- We are committed to diversity and equity and encourage applications from people who are Indigenous, racialized, LGBTQ2S+, women, persons with disabilities, and other overlooked and underestimated groups. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
- Full-time permanent position, based primarily at Reimagine Co (206 Piccadilly Street, London, Ontario), with occasional work from home and at other locations.
- The store is currently open from 10-6 so your working hours could be between 9 and 7. As weekends are the store’s busiest days, you will be required to work Saturdays.
- Ideally, you would start in early May 2022. However, we would be prepared to accommodate a start date as late as September for the right candidate.
- We offer a base salary of $50,000, with up to a further $50,000 in performance-related bonuses. We would be open to discussing the balance between the two components, but our preference is to tie compensation to results so that we all win together.
How to apply
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm EST on April 22, 2022 including these THREE elements:
- 1) A cover letter (maximum 2 pages) in PDF format
- 2) A résumé (maximum 2 pages) in PDF format
- 3) A link to a video (maximum 3 minutes) demonstrating why you want this job and what you would bring to the team. Feel free to be creative and use music, dance, poetry, etc - or a monologue to the camera is fine, too!
- This should be uploaded to a public site (like Youtube or Vimeo) without a password if possible. It can be “unlisted” so nobody else can find it.
- If creating a video is not an option for you, please feel free to use a different form of artistic expression.
- Successful candidates will be invited for an interview the week of April 25. If you are not available during that week, please say in your letter.