Now Hiring: Digital Marketing Assistant
Reimagine Co’s goal is to educate Londoners about the impacts of carbon-intensive lifestyles; to share practical solutions to live more sustainably and reduce waste and environmental impact; to open spaces for sharing information and building community; and to advocate for policies and activities that further the environmental movement.
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant to join our team on a part-time role for up to 6 months. This co-op placement is open to all currently enrolled students who meet the criteria.
As Reimagine Co opens its new package-free grocery store in downtown London, the successful candidate will support us in communicating our transition to our new space, creating and promoting content marketing our products and services, and engaging our community, partners, local businesses and other stakeholders through a variety of digital channels and strategies.
Duties and expectations:
1) Manage Reimagine Co’s social channels, analyse performance, introduce technological improvements and systems to increase efficiency and effectiveness in raising awareness of sustainable lifestyle
2) Strategize, plan, create, curate and share videos, graphics and articles that tell the story of Reimagine Co, its community, vision and offerings, and help to educate the community about environmental issues and practical solutions to reducing waste and environmental impact
3) Respond to customer comments and questions in a timely fashion, overseeing communications for the Reimagine team
4) Run sophisticated Facebook Ads campaigns, retargeting campaigns, and other forms of paid online advertising
5) Build community excitement and interest in the sustainable products and services available at Reimagine’s new location by the creation of digital media; use of online promotion platforms; developing connections with customers, aligned businesses, community partners and other stakeholders; and other forms of creative promotion across different digital channels
6) You must be passionate about the environment and should be able to demonstrate how you are attempting to live a more sustainable lifestyle
7) Support daily business logistics through the use of technology, and develop processes and procedures to increase operational efficiency and community impact
8) Support the Reimagine Co team with general tasks and assist with other environmental projects as they arise, participate in team meetings and pursue learning individual and shared learning objectives
This role suits someone with an education in marketing, digital communications, business, computer science or a similar marketing or technology-related field. The role includes technical aspects relating to the proficient and effective usage of technology platforms, as well as more creative and artistic elements, and requires the managing of competing priorities and a portfolio of short- and long-term projects. You must be an excellent communicator in a variety of settings. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset and will be comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup atmosphere where you will have the opportunity to make a big impact in a short period of time.
Contract terms: This is a part-time position open to currently enrolled students. The hours of work will generally be during store opening hours (currently Tue-Fr 10-6 and Sa-Su 8-6, although these could change without notice). You could start as early as December, or in January, and work until May or June.
Compensation: Starting at $17 for 20 hours/week. Working days and hours are flexible, depending on your availability and the needs of the business. Some weekend and evening working will be required.
Eligibility: Successful candidates must be qualified for the position through EcoCanada, which is funding part of the position. Please CLICK HERE to complete this pre-application and confirm in your application that you qualify for the funding.
To Apply: To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE to complete the application form by December 31, 2020.
We anticipate a large number of applicants for this position, so we advise you to take the time to make your application stand out. While we thank everyone for applying to this position, we cannot review applications sent by email, and only those who we will be interviewing will be contacted.
We are committed to diversity and encourage applications from people who are Indigenous, racialized, LGBTQ+, women, persons with disabilities, and other overlooked and underestimated groups. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.